Saturday, January 2, 2016

Scrambled Tofu With Veggies Burrito

Scrambled Tofu w/ Veggies Burrito


This is my first breakfast on January 1, 2016. This was also my first time making tofu scrambled and I made it without a recipe. I was asked to create a recipe for it. That's kind of hard for me because I don't measure seasonings, so I think a video would be best. Until then, I'll try my best to do a recipe.

Serves: 2

INGREDIENTS:

  • ~7 oz, Firm Tofu, drained 
  • ~2 cups, Dark Leaf Vegetables (e.g. Spinach, Kale, Swiss Chard, Collard Greens, Callaloo, etc--use at least one kind)
  • 1 small Red Potatoes, cubed
  • ~1/3 cup, Red Onion, chopped or in rings
  • ~1/8 cup, Green Onion, chopped
  • ~1 tsp, Turmeric
  • ~1 tbsp, Coconut Oil
  • Seasonings: Complete SeasoningBlack pepperOreganoGarlic powder
  • Optional: Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce, etc
  • 2 medium to large Tortillas
  • 2 slices, giant green Avocado (you can use a Hass Avocado if you want)

DIRECTIONS:

Heat a medium nonstick frying pan on medium heat, then add coconut oil.

Lightly season the potato cubes (do not add the turmeric) and add them to the pan. Stir until mostly cooked, then add the vegetables (add dark leaf veggies last or at the same time as the tofu). Cook until potatoes are cook through.

Push the potatoes to the side. Add the tofu to the pan and start breaking it up if you haven't done so already. Season to taste: add seasonings in order of the seasonings on the season list (the amount depends on the order, as well--more to less) and then add the turmeric for color. Stir everything together until it looks the way you want.

Warm the tortillas. I warm my tortillas one at a time while I'm cooking by using them as covers over the pan. However, you can warm yours however you like.

Put each tortilla on a plate and add the tofu scramble equally on each tortilla. Top it off with a slice of avocado and then close it up. Serve.

Complete below with your questions and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment